1. Texas AgriLife Research Study, Blackland Research as well as Expansion Facility- Texas AgriLife Blackland Research Study and Expansion Center (previously Texas Agricultural Experiment Terminal) has been a key possession that has actually increased Central Texans’ quality of life and economic stability. Because its opening in 1910, the Blackland Study as well as Extension Facility (BREC) has been a crucial partner in the diversity and also growth of Central Texas by equipping farmers and also stockmen with the expertise they need to gain one of the most from their labors. As times changed, so has the Facility’s emphasis. It has actually stayed on the leading edge of study, fulfilling the requirements of farmers, agricultures as well as preservationists. Dirt and water quality impact all residents, not simply those who farm or graze stock.
2. Cora Anderson Structure – 509 South 9th Road- The Cora Anderson structure, had by Bell County, and also has actually housed the Bell Region Public Wellness Area for the previous 40 years. During the days of lawfully sanctioned partition, black individuals might be treated at Scott and White Memorial Health center and King’s Daughters Health center, however there were no beds for over night stays. Neighborhood leaders and also Scott and also White administration, including President Dr. Arthur Carroll. Scott Jr., chose to build a different “black only” facility, primarily to supply good care to its black patients, but additionally to reduce overcrowding at the main Scott & White facility (after that covering concerning 30 blocks around Opportunities G and also H). Scott as well as White constructed the $75,000 building and also on May 17, 1953, the Cora Anderson Hospital was devoted into service for Temple’s black populace on South 9th Street. There were 16 patient spaces as well as an operating area in the medical facility, which was staffed with Scott as well as White medical professionals as well as a mainly black nursing team. The healthcare facility enclosed 1963 when Scott as well as White moved to its existing location on 31st Street. On July 10, 2015, the Holy Place Historic Conservation Committee held an event at the Cora Anderson Building on South 9th Street in Holy place honoring the background as well as tradition of the Cora Anderson Structure.
3. Barclay Bryan Residence- The Barclay-Bryan Residence with its 12 outdoors columns, is an instance of Colonial Rebirth architecture. The red block residence was constructed for William Anderson Barclay between 1913- 1915 at a cost of $65,000. The home windows were built wider than traditional home windows and no panes under half for far better air flow. Two resting porches can be located on the 2nd floor and a parade evaluation porch faces Ave H. The house was built with numerous modern conveniences consisting of a washing chute, a built-in cistern and pump, central phone system, central vacuum cleaner system and even an intercom system.
4. Christ Episcopal Church- Christ Church has a considerable background in Holy place TX. First established as a goal in 1883, services were initially hung on the edge of Ave F and Main. By 1901 a wood framework depended on the edge of Main and Calhoun, the present website for the church. The next year the church was established as an independent parish and promptly prepares for a brand-new structure started. Building and construction of the English gothic Church started in 1904 as well as was rapidly finished by 1905. The initial service was hung on September 24, 1905. Since then several enhancements and also enhancements have actually been made. Most lately The Living Stones Project has actually been completed.